All the bits and bobs for my spring table setting have finally come together! I warned you about the copper and shades of aqua, didn’t I? Oh, and looky there– it’s all over the place! In spite of that (or because of it), I dig it. The runner that I was so full of angst about actually turned out to be pretty okay! I would love to see the runner on a wooden table– maybe this one— but, there’s no room at our casa for a big juicy table. For now, we’re happy with our Ikea Gateleg table— which is a bit like living with a Transformer (man, how kickass would a modular table Transformer be?)!
True to form, there’s a lot of CB2 going on here:
- bennie low vase-planters
- belay black-white salad plate
- ai bud vase copper
- uno aqua linen napkin
- cosmos metal mint placemat-charger
- stilt small aqua candle holder
- spike candle holder
- bubble spheres
With a smattering of these guys:
- mirror chargers in copper from West Elm
- verge dinner plates from Crate & Barrel
- linen table runner from H & M that I gussied up with Martha Stewart fabric paints
- viggo napkin rings from Crate & Barrel
- flowers and filler from Whole Foods
Douglas, as usual, knocked it out of the park with some night-time candlelit pics:
Other than the wooden table, the only other thing I would add is, um, chairs. I forgot about those! Which of these would you choose for this setting?
I had a lot of fun putting together this table setting– it even made me feel a little bit crafty! And I hope it made you feel just as excited about the return of copper to the scene as I was. We need more copper! Melt all the pennies!
(don’t really… even though they’re worthless).