For Douglas’ birthday last weekend, I made what might be the gayest cake ever. It’s a strawberry cake with a cream cheese brownie bottom. And because one layer of cream cheese is not enough, I topped it off with cream cheese frosting– which was, of course, infused with hot pink food coloring. This is one fabulously gay treat! Just like me!
Admittedly, the strawberry cake was from a box. BUT, I made that damn brownie myself!
Here’s how this gay masterpiece was crafted:
1. Following the instructions from one box of Duff’s Pink Cadillac Premium Cake Mix bake the strawberry cake (Note: instead of oil, I used melted butter. And in place of the water, I used milk. This ENHANCES the shit out of a boxed cake!). I used a 9″x13″ pan and baked it for about 30 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
2. In another 9″x13″ pan bake the brownies using the following recipe (which I got from here):
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix oil and sugar until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla; stir just until blended.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Stir dry ingredients into the oil/sugar mixture.
- Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until sides just start to pull away from the pan
3. Let both the cake and the brownie cool completely, then make the cream cheese frosting using the following recipe:
- One 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp of good vanilla (that’s right, I watch Barefoot Contessa)
- Soften the butter and cream cheese until they can be easily blended (you can use the microwave for this).
- Blend the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add the vanilla.
- Slowly incorporate the powered sugar.
4. Use half of the cream cheese mixture to coat the top of the brownie.
5. Place the cooled strawberry cake on top of the cream cheese and brownie.
6. Add the rest of cream cheese mixture to the top of the cake.
7. Use the hot pink dye (included in the box of cake) to make some beautiful gay swirls!
8. Eat it all in one sitting with your hands!!!